Japan Kyushu Travel

Kumamoto Castle

Kumamoto Tower December 8, 2015
IMG_2453

IMG_2449IMG_2464IMG_2958 IMG_2957

IMG_2451IMG_2461 IMG_2463IMG_2467 IMG_2458 IMG_2457 IMG_2456IMG_2455IMG_2454IMG_2450IMG_2453

I find Kumamoto Castle amazingly cool as the word “castle” is different what I had in mind and from those I saw in London, well- here is the Asian Japanese style castle!

It was a nice exercise walk to climbed up the 5 stories castle, panting to be exact, it gets steeper and the stairs got higher as the stories goes up.

Kumamoto Castle along with Himeji Castle and Matsumoto Castle are considered as the three premier castles in Japan.  The Castle’s history dates back to 1467 as fortifications established by Ideta Hidenobu. And was listed as one of the 100 Fine Castles of Japan by the Japan Castle Foundation in 2006.  There are men and women dressed in the old days with bamboo umbrella as model to take pictures with the visitors.

I really enjoy Kumamoto a lot!  A mix of the country, the mountain, the sea, the hidden gem, and a bit of the city, of course good food– a nice short getaway to explore Northern Kyushu Island!

Have you been to any amazing castle? Wonder what’s your most memorable castle trip! 😀

Stay Connected @  bloglovin’Facebookinstagram

Camera: iPhone 5

熊本城的「城堡」與我想像中的城堡及在英國看到的城堡是完全不一樣的,以上可以看到的是亞洲日式版的城堡樣。

5層樓高的城堡讓人爬得氣喘呼呼,尤其樓層越高階梯越陡峭也一階拉得比一階高。

熊本城與姬路城松本城名列日本三大城堡,而熊本城的故事可以回溯到1467年Ideta Hidenobu為了防禦而蓋的,更於2006年被列為日本百名城之一。城裡也有些男女模特兒穿著日式和服與竹傘讓遊客一起與他們合照。

我真的很喜歡此趟的熊本行-包山包海、一點點的城市風味與鄉村併行,當然少不了的美食,是一趟很宜人的北九州透氣之旅!

你有任何難忘的城堡之旅嗎? 歡迎與我分享你難忘的經驗~

隨時保持聯繫 @  Bloglovin’, Facebook, Instagram

相機:iPhone5

You Might Also Like

13 Comments

• Reply Christa Sagmoe December 10, 2015 at 04:56

Absolutely beautiful pictures! Makes me want to go there too! ~ Christa

• Reply Tiff December 14, 2015 at 13:03

Thank you Christa for stopping by! Can’t wait to see you go next and write your thoughts about there 🙂
      Happy Holidays!!!!

• Reply Elizabeth T. December 9, 2015 at 08:48

Amazing scenery and photography! 😀 I’ll definitely have to visit one day! Haha Asian castles are so different from Western ones 😛 I’ve only visited the Hearst Castle in California, which emulates a very European feel, so it’s nothing like these Japanese-styled castles. Thank you for always sharing so many amazing travel photos Tiff <3 Makes me want to go on a trip too!

XO, Elizabeth

• Reply Diana December 9, 2015 at 07:49

Beautiful photographs.
    Diana | http://www.dianavilic.com

• Reply Tiff December 10, 2015 at 00:48

Thanks Diana for the lovely comment and thanks for stopping by 😀

• Reply sileas December 9, 2015 at 02:05

Oh Kumamoto is lovely! Beside the castle I loved the excessive branding with their cute mascot Kumamon. Wonderful photos!

• Reply Tiff December 10, 2015 at 00:47

Oh my, you know Kumamon!!!! I was so confused when you wrote about it cos I happened to put it in my next post. Thanks for speaking my mind 😉

• Reply annie lee December 8, 2015 at 22:01

ah, sparking my wanderlust all over again tiff! haha i absolutely love how you take photos on your travels 🙂 those panoramic ones are so nice as well! and you’re right, little bit of everything in one island sounds really lovely!

• Reply Tiff December 10, 2015 at 00:46

I am glad you enjoy the panoramic ones, they are the tricky ones, I am glad it turn out well as well 🙂
      Ha, perhaps wanna start planning your 2016 trip dear?

• Reply THE AVANTGUARDIAN December 8, 2015 at 19:43

Gorgeous travel photos! I want to visit the place right away now! It’s so different from the castles we’re used to in Europe!

• Reply Tiff December 10, 2015 at 00:44

Thanks Igrien!!!! It is very different than the definition of castle in Europe 🙂

• Reply Tiffany December 8, 2015 at 04:48

oh wow! this is really beautiful! I’m actually more fond of asian castle than western ones for some reason. Don’t get me wrong, the Harry Potter castle in Edinburgh is still pretty cool. But with these japanese style castles, there’s just a sense of warmth and richness in them! thanks for sharing Tiff 🙂

• Reply Tiff December 10, 2015 at 00:42

I get you Tiff, it’s the sense of different culture. I was actually wow it’s called “castle”, as in the beginning i thought it was “tower.” Ha, would love you to do a post of Harry Potter castle if you ever get to travel to Edinburgh again, of course in a warmer season not now 😛