Beauty Inspiration

6 Favourite Advent Calander

Santa Claus November 10, 2015
1440069984-loccitane

Beside being a #imusttravel as it’s #howibreathe, I am also a ninja in beauty products.  Why is that? I have super dry and sensitive skin, on top of that I get allergy when the weather gets to hot or to dry or during season changing or the product sucks (happens also with unsanitary food or food with MSG…i’ll turn into Donald Duck immediately) or the product has whitening ingredients. Uh…so when is the best time for your skin to shine bright? We’ll get to that some other day, but not today. SO because of above reasons, I pretty much am beauty products laboratory rat to all of my family and friends, and being an ex-beauty PR, which drove me to the inner core of the beauty world, I did gain some behind the scene beauty products ingredients knowledge, and experiences in- how to choose your beauty products, skin care tips for dry/sensitive skin, travel to cold countries from tropical world, how to deal with it when it gets too dehydrate and crack, the current Asian beauty trend…as long as I can recalled me and my face were always having a battle, but in a good way now, as I take good control of them and know how to fight with them.

I am exciting about this first beauty+food post, in celebrating 2015 holiday seasons, further from here I’ll try to share more of my behind the scene sneak peek beauty experiences besides traveling! Who doesn’t want to look photogenic amazing awesome when go traveling! 😉

Remember singing the “12 Days of Christmas” while dancing along with the lyrics? (not sure if you do that, but i learned this cool dance movement at grade 2, and still recall the whole thing)  Well, the 12 days of Christmas is just a “12 days” song, whereas beauty brands take Christmas into storm by sparkling delights surprises starting day1 to day25. This year our favourite beauty names are hauling out their calendar to Christmas, feasting our eyes with products range from petite parfum to anything you can think of.  Here I choose 6 of my favourites design packaging Advent Calendar, as packaging is much an essential factor to me when it comes down choosing what to buy in the end besides the cool named brand.

And I know we’ll all have a hard task here if I share too much isn’t it- #whichoneshouldibuy

除了是一位 #我需要旅行 #它是我的氧氣 為信仰的人之外,我與美妝保養也有深厚的淵源與故事。為何這樣說呢?

我有超敏感乾性肌,每逢換季之際皮膚總是要來一場大過敏已宣告它也知道「換季了!」猶如衣櫃換衣服的道理,更是在天氣最極端的太冷太熱時也來湊熱鬧,或產品品質不好時馬上像試銀器一樣有反應(除了保養品之外,不乾淨的食物也會,或是含有味精的食物更是馬上腫的像唐老鴨)或有加入美白成分的產品。聽起來似乎一年三百六十五天擁有光鮮亮麗肌膚的日子很少?別這麼說,找一天再跟大家分享怎麼與肌膚抗衡達到平衡狀態。 由於以上種種原因,我是家人與朋友的皇家試銀器,前美妝公關的身份也讓我一頭栽進美妝保養世界,多了一點成分小知識,學會怎麼選適合膚質的美妝保養品,超敏感乾性肌的保養小肌密,從熱帶飛往緯度高的乾冷地區要注意的事項,肌膚因太乾而龜裂,亞洲美妝趨勢等⋯⋯從我有記憶以來,感覺我都在跟我的皮膚打架,找尋一個可以抗衡的平衡點,當然我們已度過了很多風風雨雨,已學會如何和平相處。

超興奮接下來要跟大家分享第一篇美妝+美食文章,從2015聖誕節佳節氣息開始,除了旅行文章之外往後也會努力分享更多美妝保養幕後花絮! 誰不想要在旅行時自然不造作的上相於鏡頭前呢!

記得邊跳邊唱”12 Days of Christmas”嗎(不知道大家知不知道這一首歌,但猶如昨天一樣,我還依稀記得非常清楚二年級音樂老師教我們唱這首歌配合的超酷舞蹈)”12 Days of Christmas”只敘述了聖誕節的12天,而美妝保養品牌可不只想著這12天,它們可想著怎麼在這一個月份裡將繽紛耶誕的美好,閃耀不間斷的祝福,讓掌上的溫度瞬間溫暖嚴寒的冬日。今年許多美妝品牌不例外禮讚洋溢美好相聚時光,帶來令人目不轉睛的聖誕倒數月曆,藏在日期小門背後的小驚喜,從迷你香水到任何想得到與美有關的美妝保養品都等你來開門迎接聖誕的到來。 以下我選了6個最喜歡的聖誕倒數月曆的包裝設計,畢竟除了璀璨的品牌名之外,包裝設計在我心中佔有首席之地。

我當然也知道若介紹太多會照成大家的困饒- #我應該買哪一個呢

1. Diptyque

1445949769-diptyque

The “FONT”, and the irregular long/short rectangle, square formed the fun peek-a-boo Parisian savoir-faire

「字體」與不規則的大小長方形和正方形,讓我們一探巴黎的一靚魅影

2. Liberty

1440069706-liberty-beauty-advent-calendar

No reasons, I just love the elegant antique fabric print from the Liberty, isn’t this what Liberty is known for?

無原因,我就是喜歡Liberty雅緻古典印花打印,這難道不是Liberty聞名大家小巷的原因嗎

3. L’Occitane

1440069984-loccitaneloccitane-advent-calendar

If you are a fan of My Little Paris, you would recognized immediately Kanako is the illustrator behind this cute Parisian chic packaging this winter.

如果你也是My Little Paris的粉絲,一眼一定會認出可愛巴黎式包裝設計的背後是Kanako插畫家的經典畫風

4. Harrods

螢幕快照 2015-11-10 上午3.04.55

The tradition Christmas feeling with soft puffy white, sky blue and mistle toe red replacing the bling bling lavish gold, wouldn’t December be merrier with a surprise cup of tea every morning to go away the gloomy winter weather?

傳統耶誕柔雪綿白、天空藍、槲寄生紅取代金光閃爍奢華氛圍,十二月早晨,為自己開啟一天的歡樂,從一杯茶の驚喜開始,趕走灰陰陰的冬日天氣,好嗎?

5. LUSH

lush-advent-calendar_700x1050

On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me…a LUSH box in a pear tree

聖誕節的第12天,親愛的你在梨子樹下給我⋯⋯LUSH驚喜盒

6. Harvey Nichols

563650_1

Vodka anyone? It sure will warm up the shivering body every morning in a sip!

有人要伏特加酒嗎?很確定一啜飲可以一掃冬日早晨打顫的身體!

More advent calendar from Selfridges, John Lewis, Harrods, House of Fraser, Liberty, Harvey Nichols. The Brits sure know how to tis the season!  To bear everyone’s pocket in mind, remember there is Christmas every year, but many great ways to celebrate it and sharing loves to beloved ones! <3

更多的聖誕倒數月曆盡在Selfridges, John Lewis, Harrods, House of Fraser, Liberty, Harvey Nichols。 英國人真是懂得如何慶祝佳節!  提醒大家的口袋,每一年都有聖誕節,也有許多歡樂慶祝之方式傳遞更多愛與溫暖給周邊的親朋好友!

You Might Also Like

16 Comments

• Reply annbill February 2, 2016 at 13:28

Very nice post, and thanks for your share

• Reply Tiff February 5, 2016 at 13:35

you’re welcome 🙂

• Reply Tiff April 3, 2016 at 15:29

Thanks for stopping by and enjoying the post 🙂

x Tiff

• Reply Mari November 28, 2015 at 01:49

The Diptyque calendar is too gorgeous to be true! As I know, the price of it is also surreal haha!

• Reply Tiff November 28, 2015 at 15:01

Aren’t they! I think it seems to be everyone’s fav! And yes, the price would break everyone’s bank as well, hahaha.
      Perhaps we just buy one and everyone share what’s inside, haha. 😉

• Reply Hanh November 13, 2015 at 23:37

Advent calenders have seriously upped their game lately! So fancy now! I would love the Diptyque one, the packaging is gorgeous.

• Reply Tiff November 17, 2015 at 20:07

They have!!!!! It’s adult advent calendar world now..hehe! I would want the Diptyque as well but i don’t think the Diptyque here doesn’t have it 🙁

• Reply Vicky November 13, 2015 at 13:04

These products look lovely. I always love the packaging on beauty products especially during the holidays. So excited for Christmas haha shopping time!

Vicky

• Reply Tiff November 13, 2015 at 15:17

Welcome back to home sweet home from Korea 🙂
      I bet you also found some lovely packaging during your trip in Korea, can’t wait read more on your blog!!!

• Reply Tiff November 13, 2015 at 15:20

Welcome back to home sweet home from Korea 🙂
      I bet you also found some lovely packaging during your trip in Korea, perhaps you did a bit of early Christmas shopping?haha Can’t wait read more on your blog!!!

• Reply annie lee November 11, 2015 at 11:34

diptique one is so so nice! i would love to get myself one 🙂 getting myself all super excited for the holidays!

• Reply Tiff November 13, 2015 at 15:16

yay! really excited about the holiday seasons too!!!
      hopefully you can find one in BKK or in Seoul!

• Reply sileas November 11, 2015 at 01:44

I love advent calendars! Always had one when I was a kid, but those more grown up versions are awesome! One shot vodka each day? I’m sure that’s a good start of the day hehe. Great finds and I’m sure they’ll make some great pre-x-mas gifts too! x

• Reply Tiff November 13, 2015 at 14:58

haha, grown up version is co cool- the vodka ones 😉 and nice x’mas gift too 😀
      i had an advent calendar when i was a kid, an ornament each day to put on the tree..in the end we played around with the ornaments and every year there would always be a missing ornament…lol

• Reply Tiffany November 10, 2015 at 19:29

wow, these calendars are so cute! i personally really love the one from Diptyque. It look so elegant but fun at the same time! 🙂 i totally get you on having allergic during season transition, i’ve been coexisting with my sensitive skin since forever as well!! but i guess this gives us the motivation to really look into skincare products, which can be quite enjoying sometimes.

• Reply Tiff November 13, 2015 at 14:55

yes, you get me Tiff…allergy and sensitive skin 🙁
      but yes, we get to really delve into what beauty product is right for us, whereas the good things out there, not always specifically the expensive ones!
      my fav is the Diptyque one too, ha..i guess you can check out others, as most of them are sold in London?