Japan Tokyo Travel

Fishing Around Tsukiji Market

Tsukiji Market, Tokyo November 6, 2015
IMG_9898

IMG_0034IMG_9899 IMG_9908 IMG_8931 IMG_8950IMG_8914 IMG_9913 IMG_9904 IMG_9926IMG_8897IMG_9912 IMG_8972 IMG_8975 IMG_8882IMG_8932 IMG_9915 IMG_8893 IMG_9924 IMG_9916IMG_8940 IMG_8946 IMG_8883 IMG_8962 IMG_8982IMG_8873 IMG_8985 IMG_8878 IMG_8919 IMG_8989 IMG_8987IMG_8971IMG_9918   IMG_9922 IMG_9931 IMG_8960 IMG_9898

I guess there is no need to explain what can be found in Tsukiji Market 😉

Above photos speak it all.

A good way to hang around Tsukiji with a group of friend is to pool in money in a sack, a much easier way for everyone to share food and count their expenses. I recalled we pool in 1000¥, a total of 4000¥ from the 4 of us, and pretty much tried anything we saw on the streets 😀

Tsukiji highlight starts from the early morning when the fishermen bring back their fishy goodies, bold and shine Tuna Auction announce the day begin. For those who would like to be a part of the Tuna Auction, which is a limited of 120 visitors a day can find more information here.

Checking out local market has always been my favorite part of traveling abroad, get to delve into what’s in there, any new unseen veggie, fish, cheese, meat….just anything that is so different from what I am used to around my surrounding.

Tsuikiji Market is a great way to begin a day, whereas Ginza is nearby, can plan all these area together in a day, or like us we went from Tsukiji Market to Akihabara then Asakusa which were all in the same metro line.

There are 2 stations close to Tsukiji market- one is Tsukijishijo station from the Oedo line, another one is Tsukiji station from the Hibiya line, respectively one on the east and the other on the west side of the market, depends on if you take the Tokyo Metro Line or the Toei Line to distinguish where you get off. (Get mix up with the metro line in Tokyo? There are actually two companies operating their metro line, one operates the Tokyo Metro Line and the other is Toei Line…i know may get mixed up with the word “Tokyo Metro”… i didn’t get it in the beginning as well)

*My favorite food among all in Tsukiji beside this sushi restaurant I previously mentioned, is the egg omelette roll (tamago/ egg in Japanese) above which comes in many flavour, and it’s being made after we ordered, oh my the steamed hot egg roll is just egg, egg, egg, good fresh egg with just 100¥.

and why did my blog logged out like 10 zillions time, making me repost, upload, re-logged in, repeat again 😐 hello wordpress, are you alright?

Camera: iPhone 5

我想文字無法敘述築地市場的美好,以上照片勝過語言

一群人逛築地的好處及好玩的地方是:可以有公基金,大家一起嘗試各個攤販的海鮮珍餚,在計算旅行費用時也更方便。記得我們4個人是一人出1000日幣,共4000日幣,讓我們從頭吃到尾,超過癮!

築地市場的一天從漁夫捕完漁獲開始叫賣開始,最知名的莫過於一早的鮪魚拍賣,每天只開放120位遊客參觀,想要一睹風采的人就要當早起的鳥兒有鮪魚可以看~ 更多相關資訊可以點這連結。

每一次旅行都喜歡到當地的市場晃晃,無不好奇當地賣什麼,發現那些從來沒看過的蔬菜水果、魚、起士,肉⋯⋯等等,接觸一些與平常習以為常生活圈不一樣的東西。

規劃旅行時,築地市場可以是一天的第一站,想要逛街的人可以前往在附近的銀座,或像我們想要一網打盡同一條地鐵景點的人,可以參考我們逛完築地後去秋葉原最後到淺草。

東京地鐵地圖上可發現有大江戶線的築地市場站還有日比谷線的築地,分別在築地的東側與西側,就看你是搭東京地鐵還是都營線那個比較方便來決定從哪兒出站噢~

*我在築地最喜歡的食物除了上次提到的江戶壽司,還有玉子燒!真的太美味了,現點現做,整個熱呼呼送進肚子裡,太美味了啊,且才100日幣~~!

相機:iPhone 5

You Might Also Like

12 Comments

• Reply Mitzie Mee November 20, 2015 at 04:01

Sometimes WordPress acts really strange:) Your photos are amazing and they really captures the vibe at Tsukiji, one of my favorite markets in the world:)
    I usually try to stay nearby Tsukiji, when visiting Tokyo, so I can go up early and have sushi for breakfast every day:)

• Reply Tiff November 23, 2015 at 00:12

i know 🙁 i hope it gets back to itself, but i am glad they revised it nicely now, i recalled when i started at 2013, doesn’t have much function like now
      Such a smart idea to live next to Tsukiji! I’ll consider it next time, as I hope I can wake up for the tuna auction!!!!

• Reply Irene November 7, 2015 at 06:38

Amazing post dear! I invite you to join the Giveaway on my blog:

irenethayer.com

• Reply Tiff November 10, 2015 at 12:10

Thank you Irene, I am glad you’ve enjoyed it!

• Reply Elizabeth T. November 7, 2015 at 03:17

All of that food is making my mouth water so much <3 😀 Haha Japan looks like so much fun!
    And that's a really clever idea, Tiff! Pooling money together with friends so that you can all try everything! I will do that next time I travel with my buddies!
    Have a great weekend!

XO, Elizabeth

• Reply Tiff November 10, 2015 at 12:10

Japan is really so much fun!!! And the food are all jolly good!!!!
      Yes, pool in money with your friends, i always do that when we go to any market, night market…everyone’s feast of eyes and stomach are always so satisfied after that!

Thanks for the lovely weekend shout out dear <3

• Reply Miriam November 6, 2015 at 04:24

Oh my golly, the food look delicious! Looking at them made me suddenly hungry! lol

• Reply Tiff November 10, 2015 at 12:07

I am glad you enjoy them dear 😀
      It’s actually making me hungry here as well!

• Reply Tiffany November 6, 2015 at 03:39

oh my god, seeing these photos make me so hungry!! i love 玉子燒 too, actually i love any forms of jap food haha! 🙂

• Reply Tiff November 10, 2015 at 12:05

玉子燒is really really amazing! same here japanese food are just all good 😀

• Reply sileas November 6, 2015 at 02:34

So mouthwatering your photos! And what a great idea to share food together 🙂 This market is pretty amazing, next time I’ll try to make it to the tuna auction. Gosh, if it wasn’t so early :p

sweetescapes.net

• Reply Tiff November 10, 2015 at 12:01

I like the share food idea very much, i mean- you get to try EVERYTHING!
      Haha, the tuna auction is too early for me as well …but I guess we always push out limit while traveling 😛